Monday, October 4, 2010

Park Improvements in RWC


I know many, many parents have been frustrated with the caution tape at Maddux and Stafford parks this Spring/Summer and I admit that I have been one of them. Put up some caution tape and it's bound to attract every curious toddler's attention! I am grateful though that we have a city who is testing the sand and looking out for the health of our children (and parents for that matter!) E.coli is no joke and I don't want my son rolling around in sand containing it....

With that said, when will these improvements show some signs of WORK and COMPLETION? I was at Maddux park last night with the hubbs and little guy and am happy to report that all the sand was removed, Yeesssssssssssss! While online this morning (looking to register for a class with the hubbs for a future date night) I saw a link for park renovation updates - I love it! Check it out and let's get out and play together.

Park Improvement Projects include:
Maddux Park - Sandbox replacement
Stafford Park - Sandbox replacement
Red Morton Park - Picnic Area
Hawes Park - Synthetic turf field, new bleachers, score booth, restroom, etc.
Dove Beeger & Westwood Park - New play equipment and ADA accessibility
Fair Oaks - Child care play equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment