Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Culinary Class with Chef Steve Cortez ~ A Great Date Night!

Last night I ventured out with the Hubbs for a long overdue date night minus our Tiny Tot. My husband LOVES BBQ, especially Ribs so I thought it might be fun to change up the RomCom/Dinner Date Night and take a Culinary Class. If you are like us you have a very busy schedule and have trouble committing to even a 6 week course much less a full semester offering. I love a 1 night class, show up, learn something new and no pressure with homework etc.

We took Chef Steve Cortez's BBQ Sauce & Rubs class and I could not have been happier. Chef Steve has a warm and engaging approach, nothing like Hell's Kitchen. I am not a great cook and lack what I like to call "Kitchen Confidence" and even I found it to be a great atmosphere. We all received a packet of 5 Sauces/Rubs and were all able to participate in not only preparing them but trying them on chicken, ribs, potato wedges & corn on the cob. DELICIOUS! I have fallen in love with one of his sauce recipes and will be ditching my former BBQ Flame Hi Life as I have a new light in my own kitchen. Post the recipe you ask? Not a chance, it's my new secret. You'll have to take Chef Steve's class to find out for yourself!!

See his Fall 2010 Culinary Class Offerings through RWC Park & Rec
Chef Steve also teaches at Sur La Table and CSM but if you are looking for "bang for your buck" definitely go with a Park & Rec Program close to home!
Chef Steve also offers private parties where you and your friends can enjoy a class in your own space - what a luxury!
cortez_sc@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment