Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Story Time @ Woodside Library

I took my little man out for an adventure today to story time at Woodside library. We usually attend the story time in San Carlos but fell off the wagon with their "summer break". (Isn't that when kids should really pick up the reading....silly I say, summer break!)

I was not prepared for Woodside's ultra tiny library and story time area. We arrived 2 minutes late and there was absolutely NO parking. To my surprise Woodside has also put up NO PARKING signs on the street. I slinked over to the elementary school (across the street) hoping I wouldn't be ticketed for the 1/2 hour I was at the library.

Once inside my little guy was overwhelmed by the Mom/Tot crowd squeezed into the tiny story space. He was not interested in sitting with the crowd and instead found some baskets o'books and a couple toys in the next row over :) Like Mother Like Son I say...I am not a fan of crowds.

I found the Story/Song Leaders to be engaging and cute with the kids. I was also relieved to find that they could sing on key the majority of the time!!

It can be frustrating that my toddler would rather pull all the DVDs (especially Thomas the Train) off the shelf and play with the scarce toys than read or sing along but I take comfort in knowing I'm exposing him to age appropriate music, other tots his age and ACCESS to new books.

To my relief on the way out I found a handout on parking offering the following alternatives:
*Visitor parking in front of Woodside Elementary
*Visitor parking in front of Woodside Elementary Tennis Courts
*Parking in front of and beside the Woodside Parent's Nursery School
*Front parking at Woodside Village Church

No Ticket For Me!




No comments:

Post a Comment