Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Morning Madness

I have a toddler son and Mondays are not my favorite days. The house is a mess from having the hubbs and my son run around everywhere and get everything possible out of it's "place". The laundry is backed up because I didn't do any on may "day off" chuckle chuckle. What day off right?

My son does not understand this...

Somehow Mondays seem to be his MOST energetic mornings...or maybe that's just because I'm so tired?


To avoid frustration/yelling/becoming the crazy parent I don't want to be we take off on Monday Morning adventures. We used to attend a Gymboree class on Mondays but we're taking a break from that to try a new Saturday class. The budget can only handle so much and BOY do I miss Gymboree! (and the guaranteed naps that follow)

I'm looking for a new Monday Morning Adventure right now and realized I didn't post on last week's morning out at Gull Park, Foster City.

Gull Park is a great little cove near the San Mateo Bridge. It has everything a toddler could want in two play structures, a big grass area and, drumroll please, a tiny beach. The problem with the little beach is that, well, the water SMELLS. Smells like something you DON'T want your kids to play in with sand toys. Maybe it's the old advice that you should only be around/in/drink running water? I don't know but needless to say it was a battle I wasn't willing to take on especially on MONDAY morning. My son was insistent on playing near the water and it's not just because he's a boy. We had a playdate with a toddler girl who was all about going in the water despite her very frilly princess attire. If you visit the park get firm on the rules or stay away all together! I made my son get right in the shower once we were home but I'm also THAT kind of Mom...




No comments:

Post a Comment