Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm in Love With A Stroller Named Paco...

In case you haven't read much of my earlier writing...it's true, I'm in love with a stroller named Paco. I "drive" a BOB Revolution single jogger and use it for everything and travel with it everywhere! My parents think I'm crazy for taking it cross-country to NYC...please, don't you know how much I walk there?!

Last week I discovered right before our flight to L.A. that Paco had a flat...WHAT?! :( I literally felt my heart fall....who knew I could be so attached. Back to our back up (still nice and definitely not schlumpy stroller) but there's no comparison when I can steer Paco with one hand and push it down the sidewalk with two fingers.

In a mild panic I emailed the Moms on our local clubs (SCBMC and RWCMC, thanks Ladies!) and received several suggestions to try local bike shop GO RIDE and R.E.I. (also where we originally purchased our BOB) for repairs. A couple of moms said that REI could fix it in under 30 minutes total (too long for my 18 month old) and several bike shop respondents said !5 mins or less!

The next day I trekked over to our neighborhood shop, Woodside Bike Shop. I was sooooo impressed with their service and kindness, especially to my toddler son. I dropped off the tire, when next door to drop off the dry cleaning and when I returned our tire was good as new and he only charged me $10. He also had suggestions for kevlar lining on the bob tubes (inside the tire) to prevent flats in the future, especially from glass, thorns etc. No flats for just $5/tire? Needless to say, Paco is going in to get pimped this week. That's right...Pimp My Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment