Thursday, August 14, 2008

High School Teacher vs. Domestic CEO



Ahhh... today is the first day back at work for my teacher friends.  Well...let's get serious, most of them have ALREADY been working for awhile, but today it's official and I have to admit that I miss it.  Well...not the job or the administration crap per se, but the people.  I miss my teacher friends, talking about all the worldy events from  Darfur to Britney Spears. I miss laughing about ridiculous things like "WAD" and "Chilpanchango", talking with a hamburger hand...  Most of all I miss my students.  I swear to god they have already grown even more over the summer - which I have really only been able to witness from my teacher facebook.  Every summer since college I have felt a lack of purpose without teaching - without knowing I was making a difference.  I know that very, very soon, I will be making a difference in my own son's life and CC, I can hardly wait to hold you (minus all that labor stuff). I feel very, very fortunate to have this time with my husband and baby at home, I know it will be the greatest gift.  In the meantime, with waiting, I think it's okay to miss my old teaching job.
Room 403 - You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment