Tuesday, July 8, 2008

7 weeks / 2 days to go

But who's counting? It seems as if summer is flying by with or without me and yet I'm anxious to hold my baby boy. J and I barely had time to breathe in June with all the events and (his) travel. I'm happy we're into July with a slower pace now. J and I spent the 4th putting together what we could in Charlie's room and setting up things like the diaper genie so it's less of a cluster when we first come home. Don't get me wrong - I expect a full cluster - just trying to prep a few things to make it easier on ourselves. I think a sign of strength in a marriage is whether or not you can effectively put together a bunch of stuff with picture instructions and a gazillion parts without having someone sleep on the couch afterwards :-) Normally I would find something else to do in another room but J and I did so well this time around and that makes me feel proud, that's right, I don't mind saying it!

On Sunday we ventured into the city to twin peaks and fort point (under the golden gate). Twin Peaks boasts almost panoramic views of SF and I HIGHLY reccommend it - never even heard about it before this weekend! Fort point was amazing and scary and beautiful - it brought a whole new perspective. In the park shop we stopped for lunch and Jose discovered several children's books that we decided CC MUST have. Not only am I anxious to meet this baby but I am soooo anxious for him to know his Daddy who I love more than anything in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment